Investment Week is committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by Ecovadis, we will be working towards the accreditation. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues. We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation. For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
Fund Manager of the Year Awards Venue – JW Marriot, Grosvenor House London
Investment Week carefully select event partners and suppliers who align with our sustainability values. If you’d like to know more about JW Marriot Grosvenor House Hotel’s sustainable practices, visit their website: https://serve360.marriott.com/
SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES ENERGY RENOVATION SUMMARY
- Greener Path Award 2016, 2017 & 2018 for 0% waste to landfill.
- 20% reduction in electricity
-New AC in the Great Room to help meet overall hotel energy savings target.
- 10% reduction in water usage via new showers and taps.
- Green Tourism Award (Gold) for sustainability practices within the hotel.
FOOD & BEVERAGE INITIATIVES
- All cooking oil is recycled into biofuel for transport.
- Plastic straws have been eliminated.
- Produce is locally sourced wherever possible.
- Only sustainably sourced fish is supplied to the hotel.
- 100% of food waste is processed and re-used in agriculture (including in events space).
- All eggs are free range Clarence Court with room to roam.
Printing with - Insite Graphics
To know more please visit https://www.insitegraphics.co.uk/about/environmental-policy/
– Reducing our use of non-recyclable PVC and difficult to recycle foam boards by 10% in 2020-2021
– Joining a carbon neutral scheme to offset the fuel used by our vehicles of Euro 6 compliant vehicles
– Rooting our business in the local community by adding a local charity or project to our business charitable giving.
- We stock recycled paper and FSC accredited paper products which comes from sustainably managed forests.
- Energy saving devices built in to our production equipment and PC’s Low energy fluorescent lighting.
- We recycle paper and cardboard waste through a specialist waste stream along with general ‘recyclables’